When it comes to your wedding day, terms are thrown at you left and right. From sweetheart, bateau, scallop, to cowl, we know bridal neckline names can sound like an overwhelming foreign language. Not to mention the different shapes and styles. We've studied up to find the perfect neckline for your body that will take your look from ordinary to extraordinary!
10 TIMELESS NECKLINES WE LOVE:
- Highneck. Showcases the shoulders and waist. Perfect if you have height and are looking to cover cleavage.
- Dipped. Rich lace at the bodice will draw attention towards the face, no need for a necklace here.
- Queen Ann. Cover your shoulders without sleeves. Often carries a mermaid silhouette below.
- Off-the-Shoulder. A horizontal line at the shoulder which balances out fuller hips, making them appear smaller.
- Cowl. Fabric falls softly with a scoop adding extra fabric to the bust line. Likely paired with a slim-fitting shape.
- Illusion. Embellishments, endless lace, or floral applique make way for a sheer and sexy look.
- Halter. If you're tall and your arms are one of your best assets, try this look!
- Plunging. As cute or risque as you! A Deep V neck will elongate the neck and slim the waist.
- Square. Classic and flattering for many. If you've got a large chest, show it off without overexposing.
- Jewel. Rounded neckline perfect for small busts, but avoid if you are blessed in this area!
GET THESE 10 TIMELESS BRIDAL NECKLINES:
1. Riki Dalal via Bridal Musings
2. J. Mendel via Because I'm Addicted
3. Naomi Neoh
4. Ralph and Russo via Wedding Inspirasi
5. Katie May
6. Zuhair Murad via Cosmopolitan
7. Vera Wang
8. Berta Bridal via Belle
9. Monique Lhuillier
10. Amanda Wakeley