WE'RE HAVING A PARTY! And all of you brides-to-be are invited! That's right- complimentary admission to our Exquisite Weddings fall launch party! Displays from San Diego's top wedding vendors, fabulous giveaways, complimentary beer & wine, and hosted desserts! What more could a bride ask for? We invite you to come join us for this glamorous evening and check one (or five!) things off your bridal to-do list.Add to favorites Leave a Comment
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Only a couple more days until the official kick off to the fall season. We've rounded up 9 fall bouquets to get you excited for deeper colors and eclectic arrangements.
Searching for that perfect fall dress to go with cooler temps? Click here to see wedding gowns with sleeves, heavier lace details, and tons of drama!
GET THIS FALL BOUQUET STYLE:Add to favorites Leave a Comment
Thursday, September 11, 2014
Sure there are vows, flower girls, and tiered cakes, but at the end of the day, a wedding is a party, and Shannon and Brian's big day at the Rancho San Clemente Tennis & Fitness Club reflected that fun-loving attitude.
The couple first met at a wedding—yes, it happens in real life!—where Brian was the best man and Shannon was the emcee. Having done his homework at the wedding, Brian knew San Diego native Shannon was moving to L.A. in the near future, so he reached out via Facebook two weeks later. (As it turns out, the bride and groom had wanted to set them up two years prior!)
Brian popped the question in Long Beach and when it came time to plan the wedding, both Shannon and Brian knew they wanted a laid-back feel that incorporated the outdoors. As the bride put it, she wanted "a garden wedding with a backyard BBQ reception with a lot of flowers and a touch woodsy."
The Rancho San Clemente Tennis & Fitness Club wasn't their first choice but turned out to be the perfect choice, as it was halfway between San Diego and L.A. and a relaxed beach city. To complement the location, the couple went with light pastel hues, cafe lights strung over sweeping trees, and log centerpieces, which the groom's dad made himself. To top off the laid-back vibe, they even served Phil's BBQ!
Check out their backyard-style big day below:
GET THIS REAL WEDDING STYLE:
Photographer: Orange Turtle
Venue: Rancho San Clemente Tennis & Fitness Club
Caterer: Phil's BBQ
DJ: DJ Kray-Z-K
Florist: Flower in Love Jaja
Cake: It's All About the Cake
Photo booth: Pixster
Dress: St. Patrick
Wednesday, September 10, 2014
We asked four wedding makeup artists what 5 products they always have in their makeup bag. Get ready to take notes and open a Sephora credit card. Here's what they said:
- glō・therapeutics Moisturizing Tint SPF 30+ (it's the BEST sunscreen/tinted moisturizer!)
- Benefit- Hula Bronzer
- Yves Saint Laurent- Touche Éclat (radiant touch) to highlight skin
- MAC- in extreme dimension mascara in BLACK
- MAC plush glass in Ample Pink for the lips
- Tarte Amazonian clay full coverage foundation
- Tarte creaseless concealer
- Mac false lashes mascara
- Mac blush in Gentle
- Jouer lip enhancer
- Eyelash curler
- Anastasia Beverly Hills 'Dipbrow Pomade' in Ash Blonde. My brow Guru Hayley Fernandez of Alma Bella Skin Care got me hooked on perfect brows and now I can't go out with them done (And of course the corresponding Anastasia Angled Eyebrow Brush)
- Revlon Photoready 3D Volume Mascara – A new addition to my routine, but one of my MGOFS artist suggested I try it and I am really liking it. Very liquidy and great for a girl with long lashes that doesn't want the clump.
- Benefit "They're Real! Push-up Liner" - my new obsession because you can slap on a great winged liner and not a ton of other makeup and look pulled together. Almost waterproof so you don't have to worry about smudges – I always rub my eyes.
- Bronzer! Benefit Bronzer in "Hula" never leaves my side. Looks good on everyone, doesn't have shimmer so you ready can use it to contour and just get yourself a little pick me up, even if you are not wearing a stitch of makeup
- Garnier 'Skin Renew' under eye roller ball (dark circle concealer)..must have when you have a baby and don't sleep!
- Christian Dior 'Airflash' spray foundation
- Tarte eyeliner in black
- MAC 'Peaches' blush
- Too Faced 'Better than Sex' mascara
Enjoy some beautiful bridal inspiration below- and if you are stuck on a wedding look, we hope you get some major inspiration from the pros above, and the following photos.
GET THESE WEDDING MAKEUP LOOKS:Add to favorites Leave a Comment
Tuesday, September 9, 2014
It's almost that time of year- and we can't wait to break out the fall wedding gown trends for the year. Okay, okay. We are well aware that we still have a couple more weeks until the official fall kickoff (cue the pumpkin spice lattes, boots, and thick sweaters). But we couldn't' help but get into the fall spirit early!
What we are seeing on the runway for the fall season: heavy lace, SLEEVES!, crochet details, tons of embellishments, and drama! Think thicker fabrics and dramatic shapes! Need a visual? Peep below, and say sianara to low back, lightweight gowns (until spring that is!).
GET THESE FALL WEDDING GOWN TRENDS:Add to favorites Leave a Comment
Monday, September 8, 2014
Who doesn't love cozying-up to the one you love in your favorite cafe? Annie and Brad curl up together at Coffee and Tea Collective with their favorite latte and lover in these adorable engagement photos!
They say the best way to discover someone is over a good cup of coffee. And Annie and Brad's engagement photos remind us that coffee truly is good for the soul. Amy Lynn Photography is able to capture the fun-loving spirit of this couple as they enjoy their favorite drinks as fiancees. And after a perfect morning at Coffee and Tea Collective, Annie and Brad finish the afternoon in a beautiful lemon grove to watch the sunset. We love the personal touches in this engagement shoot and wish Annie and Brad countless cups of coffee together!
GET THIS ENGAGEMENT PHOTO STYLE:
Photography: Amy Lynn PhotographyAdd to favorites Leave a Comment